here to go back to the Publications page
Written by Dr David Mortimer and Dr Sharon T. Mortimer
This essential survival guide for successfully managing the modern-day IVF clinic condenses a wealth of expertise and experience from the authors in troubleshooting and implementing quality management in the IVF laboratory. With high-profile media coverage of mistakes at IVF clinics, and escalating regulatory scrutiny, there is increasing pressure for professional accreditation. Quality and risk management are thus becoming hot topics. The book’s focus on taking a holistic approach to ‘prophylactic management’ – prevention rather than cure – will be welcomed by all scientists working in IVF.
• Clearly explains and summarizes Quality Management and Risk Management systems for scientists working in IVF labs.
• Illustrated with some of the practical problems encountered in the IVF lab, and their resolution, elimination and avoidance in future.
• Provides a comprehensive description of the tools that scientists working in IVF labs need to create Quality Management and Risk Management systems.
2. Regulation, licensing and accreditation
3. Quality and quality management
4. What is risk?
5. Process and systems
6. Making it work.
7. Quality and risk management tools
8. What’s gone wrong? – Troubleshooting
9. Risk management – being proactive
10. How are we doing? – Benchmarking
11. Specifying systems
12. Human resources: finding (and keeping) the right staff
13. The well run lab
14. References and recommended reading
2004 238pp 55 illustrations
Hardback 978 0 521 843492
here to go back to the Publications main page
Company | Services
Downloads | Useful
Links | Disclaimers
| Contact Us
Copyright ©2002 Oozoa Biomedical,